Burrata Caprese Crostini with Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes
Burrata Caprese Crostini with Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes and step by step photos. A simple and delicious appetizer that comes together in just 30 minutes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, I like Lucini
- 1 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, sliced
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Italian/French/Ciabatta bread, sliced
- brush olive oil over bread, toast
- top with sauteed cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces burrata cheese, or 1 ball of burrata
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, julienne
- drizzle olive oil over burrata, Use good quality
- drizzle balsamic glaze, I like Trader Joe's
- sprinkle black pepper
Heat up a castiron skillet on low-medium heat (if you're using a stainless steel pan, then heat it up on medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, followed by crushed red pepper. Saute for 10 seconds or so.
Add the garlic and saute for about 20 seconds.
Add the cherry tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Cook on low-medium heat to medium heat for 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Once the tomatoes soften, turn off the stove.
Brush the bread slices with olive oil. Toast in a toaster oven at 400 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until crispy.
In a serving plate, add all the cherry tomatoes. Top with burrata.
Place toasted bread all around. Top burrata cheese with julienne basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
Grind fresh pepper over burrata.
Drizzle balsamic glaze.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I love seeing your creations
Serving: 2slicesCalories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 8gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 266mgPotassium: 189mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 731IUVitamin C: 18mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 1mg