Well, it’s Super Bowl Sunday, but unfortunately the San Francisco 49ers lost the Super Bowl! Nonetheless, I must say, it was a good game, great comeback SFO! OMG, and what about that power outage?!?!? Someone is in really BIG trouble. That's crazy!
But I suppose all of us (women) can agree that the real winner and star of the show was Beyonce! I thought her performance was amazing, she looked gorgeous, just stunning, and she sang all my favorite songs. Bringing Destiny's Child together again was a great addition to the show.
This Super Bowl I invited my friends, Anu and Jhiane, along with their significant others. We had a LOT of food. Mojitos! My killer Guacamole. Spicy Jalapeno Buffalo Hummus. Jhiane’s mouthwatering Buffalo Wings. Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers. My decadent Penne alla Vodka. Delicious Fresh Garlic Bread.
And of course, we ended with tea time and dessert that Jhiane was nice enough to bake. I know what you’re thinking, we are PIGS, but it’s Super Bowl, and one of the few days in a year where we can all pig out and drink. Hey, at least we ate carrots and broccoli. That counts!
As a base, I used my Parsley Hummus recipe, and then I sort of just winged this Jalapeno Buffalo Hummus recipe by tasting as I went along. The results were good, and even better when I added a jalapeno.
If you can’t handle heat, I suggest using ½ a jalapeno, or completely omitting it. This spicy dip goes well with Stacy’s Multigrain Pita Chips, carrots, broccoli, additionally, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, and cherry tomatoes will suffice too.
NUTRITION: Chickpeas are a great source of Protein, Fiber, Iron, and Folic Acid. Tahini is a rich source of Vitamin B. Jalapenos are a very good source Vitamin C and a good source of Fiber, Iron, and Vitamin A. Lemon is an excellent source of Vitamin C.
- Organic Canned Chickpeas – 1 (15 ounce) can
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
- Tahini Paste – 3 tablespoon
- Frank’s Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Jalapeno – 1 (deseeded… use half if you can’t handle heat or omit)
- Cold Water – 2 tbsp
- salt – ¼ teaspoon + a pinch more
- Cayenne Pepper – sprinkle on top (or use Paprika for less heat)
1. Add all the ingredients above, except the jalapeno, to a food processor.
2. Blend for a couple minutes.
3. This is what you should have. Now add a jalapeno.
4. End result.
5. Garnish with cayenne pepper/paprika. Serve with veggies and/or chips... tastes even better the next day.
TELL ME: If you live in the States, how did you celebrate Super Bowl Sunday? Who were you rooting for? Have you ever tried Buffalo Hummus?