Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread delicious and light for the holidays.
Lately, I’ve been getting accustomed to comments such as:
Why do you keep making pumpkin desserts when you know none of us like it?
Why didn’t you add nuts?
You didn’t add nuts last time either.
Next time make sure you bake something with nuts.
Well, I hope you guys will appreciate this delicious treat I made with just a couple tablespoons of coconut oil, whole wheat pastry flour, semi-sweet chocolate chips and Greek yogurt for added moisture.
This bread is relatively healthy, slightly sweet and extremely moist, but it isn’t airy and springy like cake. This is bread. Toast a slice of this Pumpkin Bread and slather on some almond butter. Pure bliss! 🙂
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (100% whole wheat + healthy)
- Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour - 1 2/3 cups
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Nutmeg - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar in the Raw Natural Cane Turbinado Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Organic Eggs - 2
- Trader Joe's Organic Pumpkin - 1 15 ounce can
- Fage 2% Greek Yogurt - 1 7 ounce container
- Organic Coconut Oil - 2 tbsp melted
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- Ghirardelli Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and dust with a little flour to prevent the bread from sticking to the pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together… flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Stir and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients together… pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix, but DO NOT over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips. DO NOT mix, FOLD.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Into the oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Done. Wait for the bread to cool before cutting into slices.