1 Minute Chocolate Brownie in a Mug... a quick dessert for when you need something sweet.
Carrie Bradshaw said, "Enjoy yourself. That’s what your 20s are for. Your 30s are to learn the lessons." Boy was she right. I don't know when life got so complicated.
So yeah, at this very moment I feel lost, confused, and defeated.
I question the meaning of life and what my purpose is.
I question the path that I am on.
I question if everything happens exactly the way it is suppose to happen.
I question what if I had done things differently, would I still be on the same path?
I question if things will turn out okay.
After attempting 3 different recipes, I settled on this one because it tastes pretty darn good for a microwave recipe. This Chocolate Brownie in a Mug takes about a minute in the microwave, it’s perfectly delicious and indulgent, and ideal for sharing with someone on Valentine's Day. Enjoy!
NUTRITION: Cocoa Powder is an excellent source of antioxidants, protein, and fiber. Besides that, there is no nutrition in this recipe. This recipe is high in saturated fat and ideally should be shared between 2 people.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION PER SERVING (yields 2 servings):
- Calories: 225 cals
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbs: 14 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE IN A MUG (slightly modified from Food.com)
- Unsalted Butter – 2 tablespoon (melted)
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – ¼ tsp
- Salt – just a pinch
- Turbinado Brown Sugar in the Raw – 2 ⅔ tbsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 4 tbsp
1. Throw some butter in a microwave safe mug. Melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If not completed melted, microwave another 15 seconds.
2. To the melted butter, add water, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk.
3. Add cocoa powder and sugar. Whisk.
4. Add flour. Whisk.
5. Microwave for 60 seconds depending on your microwave strength. Do not go beyond 75 seconds.
6. After microwaving for 60 seconds, the results were fudgy and gooey.
Question: What’s your favorite comfort food?