So I have a story to tell... here is Part 1.
I'm sure my friend Jhiane felt left out because Marian chose me to go with her. So being the good friend I am, I decided to apply on behalf of Jhiane for the general audience Oprah tickets. Things get better... Jhiane won too! Are we lucky or what? Jhiane is allowed to bring three additional guests, so we are taking her sister, my sister, and my cousin! Woo hoo! Long story short, based on one person's obsession with Christina Aguilera, five other people have been given the opportunity to meet Oprah Winfrey! I should have Part 2 of this story posted in a couple days... what happens at Oprah?
A healthy Avocado & Black Bean Salad... before going to the Oprah show - Part 1.
- Goya Black Beans 15 oz - rinsed & drained
- Plum Tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Red Onion - ½ medium, chopped
- Scallions - ½ bunch, chopped
- Jalapeno - 1, deseeded
- Avocado - 1, cut in small cubes
- Salt - ¼ tsp, or to taste
- Black Pepper - ¼ tsp
- Lime - 1, zested & juiced
- Olive Oil - ½ tbsp, optional... you can do without it
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Fresh Cilantro - 1 bunch, chopped
- Rinse and drain the black beans.]
- Add the beans to a bowl.
- Chop the tomatoes, onion, scallions, and jalapeno.
- Add the chopped ingredients to the same bowl.
- Get your avocado.
- Cut the avocado into little squares.
- Now scoop out the avocado into the bowl.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Zest a lime.
- Juice the same lime.
- Add olive oil... this is optional, you don't really need it.
- Add vinegar.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Add the cilantro to the bowl and toss.
STEP BY STEP:
1. Rinse and drain the black beans.
2. Add the beans to a bowl.
3. Chop the tomatoes, onion, scallions, and jalapeno.
4. Add the chopped ingredients to the same bowl.
5. Get your avocado.
6. Cut the avocado into little squares.
7. Now scoop out the avocado into the bowl.
8. Add salt and black pepper.
9. Zest a lime.
10. Juice the same lime.
12. Add olive oil... this is optional, you don't really need it.
13. Add vinegar.
14. Chop the cilantro.
15. Add the cilantro to the bowl and toss.