I have some exciting news!
Recently, I was quoted in The Food Lover’s Healthy Habits Cookbook by Janet Helm on how I incorporate Whole Grains into my diet as part of my balanced lifestyle. Saying I was excited to be featured in her cookbook is an understatement. Quite frankly, it was an honor to even have a small part in this cookbook simply because I share the same philosophy as Janet Helm on eating healthier, that is, enjoying your favorite foods by swapping out the unnecessary fats with healthier ingredients without compromising taste.
Janet Helm, a Registered Dietician, has done an amazing job on this cookbook… it is easy to follow, there are tons of pictures, and the recipes aren’t difficult at all. Here are some thoughts:
- love there are images all over this book. I truly believe people eat with their eyes and an image can speak a 1000 words.
- there are a ton of great recipes that I can’t wait to try out… I’ll keep you guys posted.
- it is a non-diet cookbook that encourages readers to love food, not fear it.
- it is an instructional cookbook that explains the benefits of various different ingredients, such as, turmeric powder, capers, fish, and more.
- this book offers great advice on adopting healthier eating habits, such as…
Janet Helm and the folks at Cooking Light were generous enough to send me 2 copies of this book. Naturally, I kept the first copy for myself, and I decided to give the second copy to my bestie, Jhiane, who is my #2 fan, after my husband. Jhiane is a big supporter of my blog and comments often whenever she has a chance. More importantly, whenever I hit a blog milestone, she seems more excited about my accomplishment than I. And last but not least, I think my friend can really benefit from this healthy cookbook and learn to adopt an overall healthier lifestyle!