Carrie: “But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you, you love, well, that’s just fabulous.”
On a side note, didn’t Sarah Jessica Parker look absolutely stunning at the NYC Premiere of Sex and the City 2? I thought so and her dress was so vibrant.
And another note, my best friend, Anu, got me this silly martini glass which reads, “Be Naughty.” I guess it is appropriate for this post. 🙂
And now I bring you the official drink of Sex and the City, the Cosmopolitan, in form of a smoothie, hence coSMOOTHIEpolitan… I can say I invented this. I substituted freshly squeezed orange juice for Cointreau liquor and added strawberries to obtain a smoothie like texture. In addition, I wasn’t able to find cranberries which is the main ingredient, so I selected a cranberry juice without high fructose corn syrup… got it at Wegmans.
NUTRITION: In one word, ANTIOXIDANTS!!! Cranberry Juice, Oranges, Strawberries and Limes are an excellent source of Vitamin C.
Oranges are a very good source of Fiber and a good source of Folic Acid, Vitamin B1, Vitamin A and Calcium.
Strawberries are a very good source of Fiber and a good source of Folic Acid, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
- Cranberry Juice – 1/2 cup
- Oranges – Juice of 2 should yield 1/2 cup
- Lime – Juice of 1
- Strawberries – 4 (halved)
1. Here is what you will need.
3. Juice an orange. Pour orange juice into the Magic Bullet.
4. Add cranberry juice to the Magic Bullet.
5. Slice strawberries in half and add them to the Magic Bullet.
7. Pour and serve in a hot martini glass. 🙂 This was my breakfast today!