My inspiration behind this Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet comes to you from Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice-cream. Yes, it’s the one made with banana, walnuts and chocolate chips.
It’s one of my favorite ice-cream flavors.
For this Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet I used oats and chickpeas (trust me, you can’t taste it) as a base for this recipe.
I then add banana, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, and blend all the ingredients in a food processor, followed by walnuts and chocolate chips to stir.
I decided to have my family try this recipe and they weren’t able to taste the chickpeas at all. Additinally, this cookie skillet is dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar free.
Tastes amazing, and for a little more indulgence, top with whipped cream or coconut whipped cream for a dairy-free option. I bet you can turn these into Chunky Monkey Cookies as well. Enjoy!
Chunky Monkey Cookie Skillet (dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar free)
- Chickpeas – 1 15 oz. can
- Organic Old-Fashioned Oats – 3/4 cup
- Organic Egg - 1
- Coconut Oil – 1/4 cup
- Very Ripe Banana – 1/2 cup mashed about 1 1/2 bananas
- Pure Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Dark Chocolate Chips – 1 cup
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 10” cast-iron skillet with coconut oil spray.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients above except the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Now give the processor a whirl and let all the ingredients combine.
- Transfer the batter to a large bowl. Add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Fold gently. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into skillet. Spread out.
- Into the oven for 25 minutes. You want to start checking at the 20 minute mark and then every 5 minutes.
- Done. Serve immediately. Top with coconut whipped cream for more indulgence.
** For a 100% refined sugar free option - use a chocolate brand that doesn't contain refined sugar.
*** For a 100% gluten free option, ensure the oats and chickpeas are gluten-free.
Pin for later!
Have you ever made a healthy cookie skillet? What did you substitute?