Hope you give them a try, thanks Sara!
NUTRITION: Cottage Cheese is an excellent source of protein. Oats help reduce cholesterol and are a good source of protein and fiber. Bananas are a very good source of Vitamin B6. They are also a good source of Vitamin C and Fiber. Egg Whites are high in protein, low in calories, and contain minimal fat making it ideal for those trying to lose weight.
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 pancakes ~ 1 big serving, or 2 small servings;
original recipe by Sara @ Nourish and Flourish very slightly modified):
- Cottage Cheese Low Fat – ½ cup
- Banana – ½
- Old-Fashioned Oats – ½ cup
- Egg Whites – 2 (blend until stiff peaks form)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Pure Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Milk 2% Reduced Fat – 2 tbsp
Warm Butter Maple Syrup (makes enough to top off 3 to 4 servings):
- Unsalted Butter – 1 tbsp (optional: skip if fat is an issue)
- Pure Maple Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Walnuts – just a handful (finely chopped)
- Banana – a few slices
TELL ME: Do you make Protein Pancakes? Is a particular recipe you use? What's your favorite pancake flavor?