A healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread that is only 10 ingredients, flourless, dairy free and gluten free with the perfect texture. After three attempts, I finally got this right.
Today is my birthday, thus it’s only fitting that I reflect on my life this past month because a LOT has changed.
After a week long trip to Portugal, I packed up my life in Jersey City where I lived 9 years and moved across the country to Southern California, hence why I have been MIA. Before I speak any further on SoCal and how I’m adjusting to life here, I need to pay homage to New York City.
Leaving New York City/Jersey City was perhaps one of the hardest things I ever did, but I moved to SoCal to be with my husband – the ONLY person I would ever move for.
Life as I had imagined for myself was in NYC/JC. I absolutely love the spirit and energy of New York. The noise, chaos, and sirens don’t even begin to phase me.
On days when life seemed unimaginable, I never felt alone here because there were so many faces of different races and faiths, and I realized we all have an untold story. On nights when I just didn’t feel like going home after work, I would walk endlessly for blocks and blocks until I could walk no further. The city always consumed me, there was always some new cafe or restaurant opening up that I would stumble upon and wanna try out.
I credit so much of my growth to this beautiful city which has made me more aware, cultural, and stronger, and for that New York will always have a special place in my heart. I look forward to many visits in the coming months and knowing my city is just a 4.5 hour plane ride away makes me happy. Yup, I’ve already setup all my Google flight alerts. 🙂 So yeah, on my birthday I had to give thanks to the city that got me through some of my worst times and also rewarded me with some of my best moments in life.
Since it is my birthday, I’m also sharing this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread made with coconut flour. Coconut flour contains loads of fiber and is surprisingly not too high in fat. This delicious bread turned out moist with the perfect texture. Hope you guys try it!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ cup organic, creamy peanut butter (I like Whole Foods brand)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips - ¼ cup for the batter, ¼ cup CHOPPED as a topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10" x 5" loaf pan with coconut oil spray, then place parchment paper on top.
- Chops the walnuts and ¼ cup of chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients... bananas, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet... coconut flour, baking soda, baking flour, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the chopped walnuts and regular chocolate chips. Fold into batter.
- Pour batter into baking loaf pan.
- Top batter with chopped chocolate chips.
- Into the oven for 40-50 minutes, I baked mine for 43 minutes.
- Done! Serve hot!
Be sure to follow honeywhatscooking on Instagram and tag #honeywhatscooking when you make this recipe. I love seeing your creations!