Incredibly delicious Creamy Spicy Vegan Pasta that’s garlicky too. Taste it and believe it!
It’s official, I’m moving to SoCal end of May. I ended my lease three weeks ago.
Lately I’ve been decluttering my living space so I don’t feel as overwhelmed when it’s time to move.
One day I cleaned out my shoe closet, the other day I threw out all the stuff under my bed. Despite doing a little each day, I still feel like I have so much to do.
In the past 9 years, I’ve accumulated so much crap that I’m starting to wonder why I never threw anything out. At times I question my own taste, what was I thinking buying certain things.
On a rare occasion when I do find something worthy, I prefer to give it to charity rather than throw it away.
These days I’m either eating eggs for dinner, or cooking in larger quantities so I can spend more time focusing on packing, and less time on cooking and cleaning.
For this recipe, open up a bottle of white wine, and make this quick and delicious Creamy Spicy Vegan Pasta that’s garlicky and gluten-free too. And all you non-vegans who are shaking your head no, I promise you will fall in love with this dish. It’s that good! Hope you try it!
- for the sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk jalapeno cream cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- for the pasta
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin avocado oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (use ½ tsp for less spice)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) box of cherry/grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup white wine (I used sauvignon blanc, or any type you like)
- 4 cups organic fresh baby spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) box of chickpea pasta (I used Banza)
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta.
- While the water boils, make the sauce. Just blend up all the sauce ingredients and set aside. This makes 2 cups of sauce.
- Chop the garlic, shallots and slice the cherry tomatoes.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, once hot, add oil, and after about 15 seconds, add the crushed red pepper flakes. Let the chili flakes sizzle for about 5 seconds.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and tomatoes. Saute for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the pasta to the boiling hot water, season water with salt.
- Once done, season with salt, smash the cherry tomatoes slightly, be careful it doesn't squirt on you.
- Now add the white wine. Stir and let the wine cook down for about 3 minutes, there should be a little liquid left over.
- Now add the fresh spinach.
- Stir to combine for about 2 minutes, the spinach will wilt.
- This is what you should have. I love this sauce right here.
- Lower the heat to low heat. Add the cooked and drained pasta to the sauce.
- Add 1 cup of sauce.
- Stir. If you need to add more sauce you can. I added another ½ cup since I prefer a creamy sauce.
- Add 2 tsp of tomato paste. Make sure you use tomato paste and NOT tomato sauce. Stir. Turn off the stove.
- Top with a sprinkle of black pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir and serve immediately.
** For the cream cheese, I used Kite Hill which can be found at Whole Foods, if you don't have access to Whole Foods, you can use regular or Neufchatel cream cheese (this is dairy). For a vegan option, you can try Nutritional Yeast, but I haven't tried this so I'm not sure how it will turn out.
Be sure to follow honeywhatscooking on Instagram and tag #honeywhatscooking when you make this recipe. I love seeing your creations!
Pin Creamy Spicy Vegan Pasta
Would you try this vegan pasta? If you’re vegan, how do you make vegan pasta?