Apple Cinnamon Pecan Bread is the perfect treat Christmas morning with a cup of coffee.
The wedding is over, the honeymoon is over, now the hard work begins… marriage (haha).
Okay, okay, all joking aside, but c’mon, we all know marriage is hard work, but here’s to hoping with the “right person” it’s not too hard.
I’m telling you guys planning a wedding in 3 months is no easy task, it’s a lot of mental, physical and emotional stress for you and your relationship. As much as I enjoyed my big day, I’m glad the wedding is over.
The good news is that now my stress level is at an all-time low, I mean I have all this free time and I don’t know what to do with it except work, cook, and bake.
As you know these past few months I avoided sugary treats, and now that the wedding is over, it felt so good to whip out the butter, flour and sugar and finally bake!
I’m all for healthy treats, but nothing comes close to baking with the real stuff.
This is an absolutely delicious Apple Cinnamon Pecan Bread to make Christmas morning and serve it with a cup of coffee. One thing’s for sure, your house will smell like apples and cinnamon. Merry Christmas everyone!
- White Sugar – ½ cup
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Pecans - ½ cup (roughly chopped)
- Ground Cinnamon – 1½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Unsalted Butter – ½ cup (room temperature)
- Organic Eggs – 2
- Avocado Oil – 1 tbsp (or any flavorless oil)
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 1½ cups
- Baking Powder – 1½ tsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Organic Granny Smith Apples – 1½ apples (roughly 1½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 10” x 5” loaf (or 9” x 5” works too).
- Chop the apples and set aside.
- Mix pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine white sugar and butter and mix until creamy.
- Add the oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix the batter, but do NOT over mix.
- Add the milk and mix. Again, do NOT over mix.
- Now assemble. Pour half the batter into the baking tray.
- Top with half the peacn-cinnamon-brown sugar mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter into the baking tray.
- Top with the remaining apples followed by the pecan-cinnamon-brown sugar mix.
- Into the oven for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve warm. Tastes amazing with a cup of coffee.
What are you baking for the holidays?