Avocado Toast with Sauteed Mushrooms and Truffle Oil… possibly the best avocado toast you’ll ever had.
My obsession with Avocado Toast never ends.
The possibilities are endless.
Now that it’s fall, I buy a couple avocados at a time since they take longer to ripen.
Since I’m obsessed with the combination of mushrooms and truffle oil, I just had to throw it on some avocado toast and see for myself how insanely good this concoction tastes.
Top it off with some parsley, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese. This may be the best avocado toast you have ever tasted. Yes, I’m that confident!
Head on to Whole Foods where avocados are 4 for $5 this week, and then make this delicious Avocado Toast with Sauteed Mushrooms and Truffle Oil.
- Avocado Oil - 1 tbsp
- Organic Cremini Mushrooms - 1 - 8 ounce - box (halved & sliced)
- Garlic - 2 cloves (chopped)
- Avocado - 2 (mashed)
- Garlic Powder - ¾ tsp - 1 tsp
- Himalayan Pink Salt - to taste
- Sourdough Bread - Toast slices
- Fresh Parsley - small handful (chopped)
- Truffle Oil - ½ - 1 tsp each toast
- Goat Cheese - a few crumbles (optional)
- Begin by halving and slicing the mushrooms, and chop the garlic.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. once hot add oil. Then add the garlic and mushrooms.
- Saute for 5 minutes until you have this.
- And another 3-5 minutes until the mushrooms have browned. Now season with salt. Set aside.
- Toast sourdough bread in the toaster oven, you can use a healthier bread if you wish.
- In the meantime, slice a couple avocados.
- Mash them up in a bowl and season with garlic powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now assemble. Top with a generous amount of mashed avocado and mushrooms.
- Top with parsley and pumpkin seeds.
- Now drizzle 1 tsp of truffle oil.
- Garnish with goat cheese (optional). Serve immediately.
for gluten-free option - use gluten-free bread.
for more fiber - use ezekiel sprouted bread or whole wheat bread.
for more protein - top with a fried egg.
What’s your favorite topping over Avocado Toast?