The days are getting cooler and shorter. Although I’m not too thrilled about the shorter days, I love the cooler days.
There is something special about fall. The crisp air, the leaves changing color, the smell of cinnamon, and pumpkin is everywhere.
From a fashion standpoint, I’m excited to get all my flannels and fall boots out.
I’m kicking off september with a delicious Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal made with walnut milk.
It’s all the carrot cake flavor only healthier and in oatmeal form.
Hope you guys try this, it’s absolutely delicious! Enjoy!
- Organic Carrots Grated – 1 cup
- Old-Fashioned Oats – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Nutmeg – ⅛ tsp
- Salt – just a pinch
- Raisins – ¼ cup
- Walnuts – ½ cup (chopped)… ¼ for batter, ¼ for topping
- Walnut Milk – 1 cup
- Organic Egg - 1
- Pure Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Pure Maple Syrup – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pie dish with coconut spray.
- Grate carrots.
- Chop walnuts and split into half.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients… oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and half the chopped walnuts. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients… carrots, raisins, walnut milk, egg, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir well, but do NOT over mix.
- Pour the batter into the round baking pie dish.
- Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Into the oven for 30-40 minutes. Start checking at the 30 minute mark.
- Slice into 4 pieces and serve hot. Top with additional walnut milk, maple syrup and cinnamon as need be.
Pin for later!
What’s your favorite cake in oatmeal form?