I am notorious for having a sweet tooth. At one point in my life I was obsessed with cupcakes and anything sweet.
Nowadays, peanut butter and avocados are my addiction. I guess that’s a good thing, I’m growing up. How did that happen?
These past few years I’ve taken a strong interest in baking with healthier ingredients, including those that are refined sugar free and gluten free.
Surprisingly, my taste buds have changed too, and now I actually prefer desserts that are lower in sugar. Crazy!
Strangely enough, now when I indulge in a cupcake, it doesn’t taste as amazing to me as it once did. I can’t eat all the frosting the way I once did, it’s way too sweet for me.
While working from home on a Friday afternoon, I felt like dessert and ended up whipping up these blondies in less than 10 minutes and baking them for 20. 100% delicious, not terribly sweet, and not too indulgent, totally my kinda dessert these days. Give them a try, my nieces really liked them!
- Whole Foods Organic Unsweetened/No Salt Peanut Butter - 1 cup
- Organic Eggs – 2
- Coconut Sugar – ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Pure Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Dark Chocolate Chips – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil spray and then line bottom of dish with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chunks until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Transfer batter to baking pan. Use your fingers to slightly press down.
- Bake brownies until golden dark brown – 20-25 minutes. I baked mine for 20 minutes.
- Cool brownies for at least 10 mins before cutting into 16 squares. Serve immediately.
** These blondies are a little dry the next day, I just microwaved them for 30 seconds so it was moist again. These taste best when consumed the same day.
Do you prefer desserts with less sugar or a good amount of sugar? What healthy ingredients do you like baking with?