I am notorious for having a sweet tooth. At one point in my life I was obsessed with cupcakes and anything sweet.
Nowadays, peanut butter and avocados are my addiction. I guess that’s a good thing, I’m growing up. How did that happen?
These past few years I’ve taken a strong interest in baking with healthier ingredients, including those that are refined sugar free and gluten free.
Surprisingly, my taste buds have changed too, and now I actually prefer desserts that are lower in sugar. Crazy!
Strangely enough, now when I indulge in a cupcake, it doesn’t taste as amazing to me as it once did. I can’t eat all the frosting the way I once did, it’s way too sweet for me.
While working from home on a Friday afternoon, I felt like dessert and ended up whipping up these blondies in less than 10 minutes and baking them for 20. 100% delicious, not terribly sweet, and not too indulgent, totally my kinda dessert these days. Give them a try, my nieces really liked them!
- Whole Foods Organic Unsweetened/No Salt Peanut Butter - 1 cup
- Organic Eggs – 2
- Coconut Sugar – ½ cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Pure Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Dark Chocolate Chips – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan with coconut oil spray and then line bottom of dish with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chunks until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chunks into the batter.
- Transfer batter to baking pan. Use your fingers to slightly press down.
- Bake brownies until golden dark brown – 20-25 minutes. I baked mine for 20 minutes.
- Cool brownies for at least 10 mins before cutting into 16 squares. Serve immediately.
** These blondies are a little dry the next day, I just microwaved them for 30 seconds so it was moist again. These taste best when consumed the same day.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Do you prefer desserts with less sugar or a good amount of sugar? What healthy ingredients do you like baking with?