Whenever I am recipe testing with chocolate, I make sure I stop by my bff’s place so she can taste my creations and give me her two cents.
Anu is one of the few people in my inner circle who enjoys anything chocolate, anything refined sugar free, and anything healthy.
I certainly know healthy desserts are not everyone’s cup of tea, so It’s nice to have a few people around who have similar taste and appreciate my efforts.
So let’s discuss these Healthy Date Walnut Cacao Bites which are kinda like healthy truffles. These bites are vegan, gluten-free and flourless.
I started by blending walnuts in a food processor and then added dates, cacao powder, vanilla, water and sea salt.
Within seconds the ingredients come together in dough form. Then proceed with making these bites into little balls. Coat them with cacao powder and freeze them for a few hours before serving. They are amazing! Both my bestie and I loved them!
- Walnuts – 1⅓ cups
- Organic Dates – 1 cup or 10 dates
- Organic Cacao Powder – 3 tbsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Water – ½ tbsp
- Sea Salt – just a pinch
- Place walnuts in a food processor.
- Grind until blended.
- Now add the remaining ingredients – dates, cacao powder, vanilla, water and sea salt.
- Blend again until all the ingredients are well combined.
- This is what you should have.
- Using a mini scoop, scoop out the mixture in your hands and give it a little squeeze to form a ball. Roll into a ball the best you can.
- Coat the ball with cacao powder.
- Place on lined parchment paper.
- Freeze for a couple hours.
- Remove from freezer and serve. Store in freezer in an airtight container for up to a few weeks. Enjoy as needed.
Pin for later!
Do you like healthy treats? What is your favorite energy bite combination?