Living alone these past few years I’ve gotten used to cooking quick and healthy meals like this Avocado Toast with Spinach & Egg.
As much as I love cooking, once I come home the last thing I want to do is spend an hour cooking for one.
Hello, Eggs for Dinner!
Often times my single girl meals don’t make any sense since I find myself cleaning out the refrigerator and combining random ingredients into one dish.
Ironically, that’s how I inspire myself and come up with a new idea by accident which is how this scrumptious Avocado Toast with Spinach and Egg came about.
Sauteed spinach with extra virgin olive, salt and black pepper sits atop a bed of Avocado Toast.
Top it off with a fried egg and don’t forget to add the new Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. It tastes amazing, and just $2. I know!!! Life is good!
- for the sauteed spinach
- Organic Spinach - 1 (5 ounce) bag
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic Powder - ½ tsp
- Black Pepper - to taste
- Salt - light salt to taste
- for the egg
- Avocado Oil - 2 tsp
- Organic Eggs - 2
- for the avocado toast
- Sprouted Bread - 2 slices
- Avocado - 1 whole
- Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Blend - to taste
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add extra virgin olive oil. Add fresh spinach.
- Stir around. Season with black pepper and little salt.
- Spinach should be cooked in about 2-3 minutes. Turn off stove. Set aside.
- Now cook the eggs, heat up a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Once hot, crack an egg one at a time.
- Cook for a couple minutes.
- I prefer my eggs less runny, so I covered it with a lid.
- Now assemble. Take 2 slices of toasted bread.
- Top each toast with half the avocado.
- Now top each toast with a generous amount of spinach.
- Top with egg. One egg fell apart.
- Top with Everything but the Bagel Seasoning Blend.
Pin for later!
How do you take your Avocado Toast?