Some of my favorite Coconut Macaroon memories are from Ocean City, NJ. It’s where my family vacations every single year for a week.
Along the boardwalk there is a famous macaroon shop called George’s Candies. They have all sorts of flavors, but my favorite till this day are the classic coconut macaroons.
Just imagine eating creamy coconut macaroons walking along the boardwalk and listening to the sounds of the ocean waves crashing against one another. It’s a memory that is so dear to me and one that I will never forget.
I can’t recall a single year when my family didn’t come home without a box of Coconut Macaroons.
These healthy coconut macaroons don’t exactly taste like George’s Candies because they are lightened up and gluten-free, but they still taste unbelievably good.
I can confidently say I have about 20 people to vouch for me. The 5 ingredient Healthy Coconut Macaroons are the perfect summer treat that comes together within minutes and relatively guilt-free, just don’t go too crazy. Enjoy!
- Organic Egg Whites - 2
- Sugar - ¼ cup
- Organic Coconut Flour - 2 tbsp
- Salt - just a pinch
- Pure Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Baker's Sweetened Shredded Coconut - 1½ cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a cookie baking tray.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg whites until stiff peeks form.
- Slowly add sugar little bit at a time and keep beating the egg whites.
- Add coconut flour, salt, and vanilla. Beat the egg white mixture, but DO NOT OVERMIX.
- This is what you should have.
- Add the sweetened shredded coconut and fold in.
- Using a tablespoon measure, drop mounds of the mixture onto the baking tray.
- Into the oven for 15 minutes. I baked mine for about 17, times may vary so start checking at 15 minutes.
- So delicious and lasts for a few days.
Pin for later
Have you tried any other macaroon flavors besides coconut and coconut chocolate?