The other day as my family and I were gathered around the table, I suggested to my mom…
Me: Mummy, let’s get you Botox.
Mummy: What is Botox? (in her cute Indian accent)
Me: It’s when inject something in your face so you look YEARS younger.
Mummy: These are not good things. You should not do.
Me: I’m not. I want you to try it first and then I’ll get it done when I need it.
Mummy: I don’t want to do these things.
And now I bring you Pumpkin Chai Tea Latte… made with tea leaves, fall spices, and milk. Hopefully the antioxidants will help keep those fine lines away.
NUTRITION: Milk is an excellent source of Protein and Calcium. Pumpkin is rich in Vitamin A, Fiber, and Antioxidants.
- Milk 2% Reduced-Fat Milk – 3/4 cup (1% Low-Fat Milk works too)
- Cinnamon Stick – 1/2 piece
- Green Cardamom – 2 (broken)
- Cloves – 2
- Ginger Powder – just a pinch
- Nutmeg – just a pinch
- Pure Pumpkin – 2 tbsp
- Twinings English Breakfast Teabag – 1 (or you can use your favorite Black Tea)
- Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
1. Start heating milk on a medium heat.
2. Add all the spices… cinnamon stick, green cardamom, cloves, ginger powder, and nutmeg.
3. Add pure pumpkin.
5. Once the milk is slightly hot, add the teabag.
6. Add the brown sugar.
7. Whisk until the color of the milk deepens slightly and until the chai starts steaming.
8. Using a spoon, remove the teabag.
9. Pour thru a sieve into a cup and garnish with cinnamon powder. Serve immediately.
TELL ME: Have you ever thought of getting Botox, maybe not now, but at some point? What are your thoughts on defying the aging process? For it, against it, or to each his/her own?