I’ve been on the lookout for heavy duty protein pancakes, the kind that fill you up for breakfast and lunch so your next meal is dinner.
In my book, that’s a quick way to lose weight, eat the right foods by choosing ingredients that are high in protein and fiber, and cutting back on refined carbs.
This morning I was psyched to make these Banana Bread Protein Pancakes with cottage cheese, yup, but I promise you can’t even taste the cottage cheese.
These pancakes do however taste like Banana Bread and they are gooey and delicious on the inside, even my husband loved them.
And they are so easy to make, just blend all the ingredients and your batter is ready to go!
Hope you give them a try, thanks Sara!
NUTRITION: Cottage Cheese is an excellent source of protein. Oats help reduce cholesterol and are a good source of protein and fiber. Bananas are a very good source of Vitamin B6. They are also a good source of Vitamin C and Fiber. Egg Whites are high in protein, low in calories, and contain minimal fat making it ideal for those trying to lose weight.
INGREDIENTS (makes 4 pancakes ~ 1 big serving, or 2 small servings;
original recipe by Sara @ Nourish and Flourish very slightly modified):
- Cottage Cheese Low Fat – 1/2 cup
- Banana – 1/2
- Old-Fashioned Oats – 1/2 cup
- Egg Whites – 2 (blend until stiff peaks form)
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Pure Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Milk 2% Reduced Fat – 2 tbsp
- Unsalted Butter – 1 tbsp (optional: skip if fat is an issue)
- Pure Maple Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Walnuts – just a handful (finely chopped)
- Banana – a few slices
1. Using an electric mixer, start by beating 2 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Takes a few minutes.
2. In a Magic Bullet, combine the cottage cheese, banana, oats, egg whites, baking powder, vanilla, and milk.
3. Blend until combined.
4. This is what the batter should like.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat, spray Coconut Oil.
5. Take a 1/3 cup measurement and pour the batter onto the nonstick skillet.
6. Once bubbles form on top, flip.
7. Cook until perfectly golden brown. Continue making the remaining pancakes.
8. Chop the walnuts. Slice the banana.
9. In a little bowl, combine the butter and maple syrup and microwave it for 30 seconds, or until hot.
10. Plate the pancakes, top with walnuts, banana, and syrup.
11. So delicioussssssssssss!
TELL ME: Do you make Protein Pancakes? Is a particular recipe you use? What's your favorite pancake flavor?