When I was in London this past fall, my husband and I stayed at a beautiful French hotel in London. The entire staff was French and they spoke perfect English with a French accent, naturally.
As sexy as the French accent sounds (on a man), it is a tough accent to follow.
One evening I called up concierge to inquire about tickets for the "Duck Tour."
Our conversation went as follows:
me: Hi. I'm interested in booking tickets for the "Duck Tour," how much will that be?
French lady: Excuse me, you want the "ducktur."
me: Yes. How much will that cost?
French lady: Oh, that will be very expensive.
me: *baffled* Okay, but how much will it cost?
French lady: Probably around 300 to 400 pounds!
me: WHAT? For the "Duck Tour."
French lady: Yes, it will much cheaper if you go to the "ducktur" on your own.
me: *so confused* I just want to book tickets for the "Duck Tour," it is a bus that drives into the Thames River.
French lady: Ah, you say "Duck Tur," I thought you say "ducktur" (as in doctor).
me (in my head): *O-M-G! You still sound the same.*
We both started laughing.
I find that story so amusing, and hopefully you guys get the joke, or is the joke on me?
Well, if I bored you with my lame story, perhaps I can excite you with this delicious Avocado Fried Egg Biscuit Sandwich.
I normally don't buy store bought biscuits due to the amount of saturated + trans fat in them, however when I saw these Buttermilk Biscuits at Trader Joe's without any trans fat, I couldn't resist. TJ’s biscuits are so flaky and delicious, but still high in saturated fat.
In any case, I was full for about 5 hours after just eating 1 sandwich. Hope you guys enjoy this as much as my husband and I did.
NUTRITION: Avocados are rich in Antioxidants and are a good source of Fiber, Folic Acid, and Vitamins B6, C, E and K. In addition, they help lower cholesterol and contain anti-cancerous properties. Eggs are a very good source of Vitamin B2, and are a good source Protein and Vitamin D, although the yolks do contain a lot of cholesterol, the yolk also contains tons of nutrients that are good for you.
The Buttermilk Biscuits do not contain any nutrition, for a healthier alternative, opt for 100% Whole Grain bread.
for the Avocado Mash (enough for 4 biscuit sandwiches):
- California Hass Avocado – 1 (mashed)
- Fresh Lime Juice – roughly 1/2 a tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp or more (to taste)
- Organic Canola Oil – 1/2 tbsp
- Organic Egg – 1 (broken into a bowl and poured into a pan)
- Cayenne Pepper – season to taste
- Black Pepper – season to taste
- Salt – season to taste
- Trader Joe’s Buttermilk Biscuits – follow the instructions and bake (for a healthier alternative, use 100% Whole Grain bread)
- Avocado Mash – spread on one side
- Fried Egg – placed on the opposite side
- Chives – 2 to 3 (finely chopped for garnish)
1. Here are your main ingredients.
2. Start by preheating the oven and baking the biscuits. Follow the directions on the package.
3. Prepare the avocado mash by adding the avocado to a bowl. Add a little lime juice to prevent the avocado from browning and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Mash the avocado. Set aside.
5. Finely chop the chives. Set aside.
6. Once the biscuits are perfectly golden brown, remove them from the oven.
7. Heat a pan on low heat (dial #3) until the pan is pretty hot. Once hot, add organic canola oil.
8. Crack an egg into a bowl and carefully pour the egg into the pan. Allow the egg to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom is slightly golden.
9. Gently dislodge the egg from the pan, and flip without breaking the egg.
10. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Cook for a few minutes until the bottom is golden. I prefer my yolk cooked. Once done, turn off the stove and proceed to assemble.
11. Slice a biscuit in half. Spread the avocado mash on one side.
12. Top the other side of the biscuit with the cooked fried egg.
13. Garnish with chives.
14. Serve immediately.
TELL ME: Have you encountered any misunderstandings with accents, not just French, but any accent?