Every time I hangout at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s, I’m inclined to purchase their version of the 100% Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, but I hold back each time not knowing what Coconut Oil tastes like.
So creamy… and delicious.
NUTRITION: Coconut is low in cholesterol and sodium, and it is a good source of fiber. Although coconut contains high amounts of saturated fats, not all saturated fats pose as a health problem, especially those linked with coconut. Enjoy this coconut butter in moderation.
INGREDIENTS (yields ~ 1 cup):
- 100% Organic Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut – 8 ounces (I used Let’s Do… Organic brand from Whole Foods)
DIRECTIONS (THE ENTIRE PROCESS WILL TAKE 10 MINUTES):
1. All you need is a food processor and shredded coconut.
2. Pour all 8 ounces of the shredded coconut in the food processor.
3. Blend for a minute or two.
4. This is what you should have, scrape down the sides.
5. Here is the rest of the process… blend and scrape down the sides every couple of minutes.
TELL ME: Have you ever tried Coconut Oil and/or Coconut Butter? What is the difference in taste? Which one do you prefer?