Every time I hangout at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s, I’m inclined to purchase their version of the 100% Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, but I hold back each time not knowing what Coconut Oil tastes like.
Instead I decided to buy a bag of organic, unsweetened, shredded coconut flakes and whip it up into Coconut Butter. Seriously, how bad could it be?
I figured since I love shredded coconut so much, how bad could Coconut Butter possibly taste?
Verdict? Not bad at all, it.is.amazing!
Just make sure to microwave the Coconut Butter for about 20 seconds before using it since the butter tends to harden in colder climates.
Oh, I’m gonna have lots of fun with this stuff.
So creamy… and delicious.
NUTRITION: Coconut is low in cholesterol and sodium, and it is a good source of fiber. Although coconut contains high amounts of saturated fats, not all saturated fats pose as a health problem, especially those linked with coconut. Enjoy this coconut butter in moderation.
INGREDIENTS (yields ~ 1 cup):
- 100% Organic Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut – 8 ounces (I used Let’s Do… Organic brand from Whole Foods)
DIRECTIONS (THE ENTIRE PROCESS WILL TAKE 10 MINUTES):
1. All you need is a food processor and shredded coconut.
2. Pour all 8 ounces of the shredded coconut in the food processor.
3. Blend for a minute or two.
4. This is what you should have, scrape down the sides.
5. Here is the rest of the process… blend and scrape down the sides every couple of minutes.
6. This is what you ultimately want… creamy coconut butter.
7. Pour into a storage jar.
8. Insanely delicious.
TELL ME: Have you ever tried Coconut Oil and/or Coconut Butter? What is the difference in taste? Which one do you prefer?