I know what you’re thinking, what in the world is Mexican Pizza Enchilada? I’ll explain my creation to you which is quite obvious, actually.
After all the wonderful feedback I received on my Mexican Tortilla Pizza, here, I decided to work on a slightly different Mexican Pizza recipe with the use of enchilada sauce.
As you would expect on a Veggie Lover’s pizza, I topped off my pizza with veggies and cheese.
I took the recipe one notch further by adding some Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – my most favorite bottled ingredient – YUM!
I finished off the pizza with fresh cilantro. The end verdict is nothing but deliciousness.
NUTRITION: Whole Wheat Pizza Crust is a great source of Protein and Fiber. Green Peppers are a great source of Vitamins A, B6, and C. Tomatoes are a good source of Vitamin A and C. Although high in fat, cheese is an excellent source of Protein and Calcium and should be eaten in moderation.
INGREDIENTS (enough to make 2 pizza pies):
- Mama Mary’s 100% Whole Wheat Pizza Crust – 2 crusts in a packet (store bought)
- Green Pepper – 1 (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Jalapeno – 1 (chopped)
- Taco Seasoning – 3 tbsp (I like Ortega or Old El Paso)
- Olive Oil – 2 tsp (enough to spread on the pizza crust)
- Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (mild) – 1-10 ounce can
- Scallions – 1 bunch (chopped)
- Mexican Blend Cheese (Reduced Fat) – 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (original) – 2 to 3 tbsp (go as crazy as you’d like)
- Fresh Cilantro – 1 bunch (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Start with your veggies… here is what you’ll need.
2. Chop all the veggies.
3. Add the veggies to a mixing bowl. Top with taco seasoning. Combine and set aside.
4. Chop the scallions and set aside.
5. Here is the pizza crust brand I used. Top with olive oil.
6. Open up your can of enchilada sauce.
7. Assemble the pizza. Add a few spoons of enchilada sauce, just enough, you don’t want too much sauce either.
8. See, just like that.
9. Top with veggies.
10. Top with scallions.
11. Top with cheese.
12. Top with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I added more while eating.
13. Into the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese is a slightly golden-brown.
14. In the meantime, chop the cilantro.
15. Check on the pizza, perfectly golden-brown.
16. Top with cilantro.
17. Wait about 15 minutes and the cut each pie into 6 slices.
18. Go ahead and make the other pie at this time or you can assemble and freeze for later. I made mine right away and enjoyed more pizza the next day.
TELL ME: What your favorite topping on a Mexican Pizza?