My husband wished me Happy Birthday and said, “you look 17!” I was actually happy, but I also know that isn’t true. Of course 5 minutes after my hyper-ness he said, “why are you up so early? Go back to bed.”
NUTRITION: Pecans contain natural antioxidants and are heart-healthy nuts known to lower cholesterol. Bittersweet Chocolate also contain a good amount of fat, however they contain antioxidants.
- I used David Lebovitz Absolute Best Brownies recipe as a base and tweaked it quite a bit.
- I lowered the sugar and chocolate amounts in the brownie portion of the recipe.
- I added a caramel sauce and made it by using Low Fat 1% Milk, you really don’t need heavy cream if you are looking to trim fat. I’m sure there is a difference, but too little to even notice.
- Calories: 243 cals
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbs: 36 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 1.25 g
~ yields 16 squares @ 350 degrees using a 8″ x 8″ baking tray
~ fat and calories were not reduced, however compared to other Salted Caramel Pecan Brownies, this recipe has less fat and tastes unbelievably good.
- Unsalted Butter – 6 tbsp
- Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup (or 4 ounces)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Eggs – 2 large (1 at a time)
- All Purpose White Flour – 1/2 cup
- Pecans – 1 cup (chopped – use 1/2 cup at a time)
- Unsalted Butter – 4 tbsp
- Dark Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Low Fat 1% Milk – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp (YES, 1 teaspoon of salt, hence the salted flavor)
1. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees.