Even the elevators were HOT… loved the aquamarine color, it almost looked like a waterfall backdrop.
Each room is a suite which comes with a dining table and 2 very comfortable chairs.
Towards the right is the kitchenette with a microwave, electric stove, and refrigerator.
I was lucky enough to score an upgrade in a City Corner Suite with Mountain Views on a higher floor. Here is the daytime view…
RECOMMENDED HOTELS IN LAS VEGAS
North-Strip: a more happening scene if you are into nightlife and clubbing.
– Wynn: A bright hotel with a pleasant and happy feeling, it is famous for its Buffet. Wynn has a bunch of designer stores including Chanel, Manolo Blahnik, and more. Blush nightclub is at the Wynn.
– Venetian: Gorgeous hotel with an Italian feel, has the Gondola rides, and cobblestone streets giving it a European look and feel. Just like Wynn, there are many designer stores at the Venetian. Tao nightclub can be found here.
– Palazzo: Another hotel with an Italian feel, very grand and has a large casino area. Lavo nightclub & restaurant can be found here.
Mid-Strip: consists of brand new hotels with excellent restaurants and lounges.
– Aria: Brand new and trendy hotel with a bunch of restaurants, has a Zen-like feel with a lounge look. I definitely want to stay here next time.
– Cosmopolitan: Another brand new hotel, swanky, with crystal chandeliers all over the hotel. Although Cosmopolitan is suppose to be very nice, I found this hotel to be a little rowdy. Regardless, I would love to stay here at least once.
VERDICT for VDARA: 5 / 5
I loved that Vdara wasn’t directly located on the strip, it is about a 5 minute walk through The Bellagio hotel onto the strip. This hotel is trendy and draws a more younger crowd that isn’t rowdy. The Vdara is ideal for girlfriend getaways and/or couple getaways.
In addition, I loved that there was no casino at this hotel since the sound of those machines irks me. I loved the peace, tranquility, and calmness of this trendy and modern hotel. Being that Vdara is connected to the Bellagio (slightly louder), we really had the best of both worlds. The Cosmopolitan is situated right next to Vdara and the Aria is located directly across from Vdara. Excellent location!
The rooms were amazing and the service was excellent. I would definitely stay here again once I try out some of the other hotels Las Vegas has to offer. Highly recommended.
RESTAURANT REVIEW: LAVO
After a long flight, checking in, and a nice 2 hour nap, we all dolled up for dinner. We headed to Lavo at the Palazzo Hotel located on the North-Strip.
Initial thoughts, WOW! A beautiful and well-adorned restaurant with a lounge feel.
Easily one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever dined in thanks to my friend, Marian, for selecting this place. She was aware of the Kardashians dining here and immediately added this to our restaurant list.
This restaurant is very romantic, however some folks were casually dressed. Personally I think you will feel more comfortable if you dress up, so step it up and look fabulous for YOU!
Lavo boasts impeccable food, drinks, service, and decor. I’ll definitely be going back for some more Italian food, soon I hope. Also, there is Lavo Nightclub next door if you wanna check that out.