Don’t cringe, I see you! Give me 5 minutes and I’ll change your mind.
I know the thought of mushrooms doesn’t appeal to most people, but it can be a fun vegetable
to work with if it’s cooked right.
Here is one such dish. Believe it or not, my inspiration for this lovely mushroom dish comes
from Italian cooking.
When I make my Mushroom & Green Pepper Pasta, I typically start with a sauté of garlic,
onions, peppers, and mushrooms. I then proceed to add tomatoes and in this case followed by
The end result is a fantastic melody of sweet and spicy flavors combined with a lemony
freshness of cilantro to form one unique dish. Try this deliciously delectable Mushroom
Masala dish with rice or naan.
NUTRITION: Mushrooms are a very good source of Vitamin B6 and Protein. Bell Peppers are a
great source of Vitamins A, B6, and C.
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 8-10 leaves
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (chopped)
- Red Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper – 1 (chopped)
- Mushrooms – 1 8 ounce box (roughly chopped)
- Plum Tomatoes – 2 (chopped)
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Cilantro – 1 handful (chopped)
1. Start by chopping the garlic and onions.
21. I hardly ever tell a lie… so trust me when I say that this dish is truly delicious!