First, I want to wish my cute
little tall niece a very Happy Birthday. In my eyes, she will always be that adorably chubby 3 year old kid with a passion for singing, coloring, and very loud emotional outbursts. Oh man – I can’t ever forget those moments! So Jasmin, here is to wishing you a very happy birthday and I hope you had an awesome day. Love, HB!
Today I had the most wonderful day, perhaps my niece’s birthday brought me good luck. Who knows? I woke up bright and early and headed over to NYC for a meeting and I was really pleased with the way things turned out. I’ll be sharing my news… soon, very soon!
It was such a gorgeous day around Columbus Circle.
I really love this district because of the circle, obviously, the shopping, WHOLE FOODS, Borders bookstore, and the variety of cute cafes and restaurants that surround the area.
For lunch I ate at Whole Foods ALL BY MYSELF in public. Not that long ago I found this to be mortifying, however I guess the older and wiser I got, I realized it really isn’t that big of a deal. I like people watching anyway… it helps you know what’s in fashion.
So anyway, my husband left work early today and spent the remainder of the day with me. Around 4 pm I decided to make us some Hot Chocolate, a low calorie drink that I found on Delish.
While making this drink I swapped the sugar for Nutella which resulted in a rich Hot Chocolate, in addition, I added some vanilla extract. Cornstarch is the secret ingredient which helps to thicken up this rich tasting hot chocolate. My husband and I shared a cup since this drink was rather filling. Enjoy!
NUTRITION: Milk adds calcium and protein to this drink. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder is known to have antioxidant benefits. Nutella is surprisingly made of Skim Milk, however it does contain a decent amount of fat, and it is hazelnut chocolate after all.
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 servings):
- Milk 1% Low Fat – 3/4 cup (recipe calls for Skim Non-Fat Milk which would also work)
- Ghirardelli Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp + 2/3 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Cornstarch – 1/2 tsp
- Nutella – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – optional, but I don’t think you need it
1. In a small pot, heat low fat milk on medium heat.
2. Add cocoa powder. Whisk.
3. Add cornstarch. Whisk immediately making sure the cornstarch doesn’t turn into goo. I didn’t realize I had to do this immediately.
4. Add vanilla extract. Whisk.
5. Add Nutella.
6. Keep whisking until the cocoa thickens up and the drink is smooth and creamy. Once the drinks starts to steam turn off the stove.
7. Pour into a cute cup.