Remember when I made this? I basically took my Grilled Cajun Tofu recipe with some alterations and came up with Baked Cajun Fries. These fries tasted really good without the unnecessary oils and fats you would typically find in restaurant style Cajun Fries.
This is an easy and quick recipe to put together with very little preparation time. Serve these delicious Cajun Fries with some honey mustard or ketchup along with delicious paninis. I absolutely loved the sweetness from the honey mustard and/or ketchup in combination with the spices from the fries. This recipe is a sure keeper! Hope you love it too and I'd really appreciate your feedback. :-)
NUTRITION: Potatoes are a very good source of Vitamin C and are also rich in fiber, however keep in mind they are a high source of carbohydrates.
- McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp + a little more after baking
- Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Idaho Potatoes - 4 (cut into thick & long slices)
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place aluminum foil or cookie sheet over a baking tray. I found the aluminum foil almost gave a slightly strange flavor to some of the potatoes, hence opt to use a cookie sheet.
3. Here are the spices you will need + salt.
4. Add all the spices to a mixing bowl... salt, black pepper, paprika, chicken seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix.
5. Add extra virgin olive oil.
6. Add cayenne pepper sauce.
7. Combine well. Taste it.
Too spicy? Add a little water. Not spicy enough? Add some more cayenne pepper.
8. Now slice your potatoes as follows:
Slice the potato vertically into threes.
Slice each portion into 3 or 4 wedges, lengthwise.
This is what you should have.
9. Add the potato wedges to the sauce.
10. Toss well.
11. Spread the fries onto your baking tray covered with foil/sheet.
12. Once the oven is preheated, place the tray into the oven for 30 minutes. I kept checking mine after 20 mins, every 5 minutes.
13. After 30 minutes.
14. Taste it. Season with salt and toss well.
TELL ME: If you tried these fries, what did you think?