REMEMBERING THOSE WHO SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES FOR OUR COUNTRY
THANKING SOLDIERS AT HOME AND ABROAD WHO RISK THEIR LIVES EVERY DAY TO PROTECT THE USA!!!
- Eggs - 6 (boiled and peeled)
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic - 2 cloves (chopped)
- Green Chilies - 3 (chopped)
- Onions - 2 medium (chopped)
- Plum Tomatoes - 3 (chopped)
- Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1 1/2 cups
- Garam Masala - 3/4 tsp
- Fresh Cilantro - 2 handfuls (chopped)
- Salt to taste
1. Boil 6 eggs on medium heat. Add enough water to cover the eggs. As you can see I ran out of the brown eggs. :-)
2. Here is what you'll need.
3. In the meantime, chop your ginger, garlic, and green chilies. I used my Magic Bullet.
4. Chop the onions.
5. Once the eggs start boiling, turn off the stove.
6. Cover the eggs with a lid and set aside for 10 minutes. This is how you'll have the PERFECT BOILED EGG - a trick I learned from Rachael Ray on 30 Minute Meals.
7. Now start the cooking process. Heat a pot on medium heat. Once the pot is hot, add olive oil. Add mustard seeds.
8. Once the seeds start to splutter, add cumin seeds and turmeric powder. Sauté for 10 seconds or so.
9. Now add the ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Sauté for 30 seconds or so.
10. Now add the onions and some salt. Lower the heat to dial #3. Stir and allow the onions to become golden, this will take about 10 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
11. Chop the tomatoes.
12. Check on the eggs. Drain the water and peel them. Set aside.
13. Once the onions are golden. Add the tomatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, and season with salt. Combine.
14. Increase to medium heat on dial #5. Cook about 15-20 minutes until the onions and tomatoes form a paste consistency. Keep checking in between. Cover with a lid.
15. Now slice the eggs in half.
OPTIONAL: I removed the yolk in 2 eggs, this saved about 10 grams of fat. You will need the yolk for the remaining 4 eggs, the yolk will help thicken the gravy and provide loads of nutrition.
16. After 15-20 minutes, add water. Lower the heat to dial #3.
17. Add the eggs and gently combine.
18. Cover with a lid and let the gravy cook for 15 minutes.
19. In the meantime, chop the cilantro. This will add a ton of flavor.
20. After 15 minutes, this is how your gravy will look. You may need to smash the yolk pieces into the gravy, this will help thicken the gravy. Combine. Turn off the stove.
21. Add garam masala. Adjust salt.
22. Add fresh cilantro. Combine.
23. Serve after 30 minutes, this will allow the flavors to combine and the gravy will thicken. Serve with rice. I promise you, it is awesome!