1. Here is what you’ll need. Chop the onion, garlic, ginger. Slice the green chillies.
2. Heat a pot on medium heat, add oil, add the cumin seeds. Once they sizzle, add the turmeric powder. Saute for 5-10 seconds.
3. Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for 15 seconds.
4. Add the onions. Lower heat to dial #3. Saute until slightly golden.
5. In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cube (bite size).
6. Once onions are golden, add the potato. Season with salt.
7. In the meantime, chop the tomato.
8. Once the potatoes are slightly golden, after 5 minutes, add the tomato.
9. Add the coriander powder and chili powder. Combine.
10. Cover with a lid and allow this to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
11. In the meantime, finely chop the spinach.
12. This is how the potato-tomato mixture should look.
13. Now add the spinach. Combine. This will slowly wilt. Allow this to cook for 10 minutes on low simmer.
14. Add the garam masala.
15. Add the light sour cream (optional). It tastes really good without it too.
16. Combine. Cook for a couple more minutes. Turn off the gas.