A quick and simple yogurt based sauce with onions and fresh cilantro leaves. It’ll cool the spicyness in any dish… goes well with any subzi, pulao or biryani dish.
- Low Fat Desi Yogurt – 1 cup (picture below)
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Fresh Cilantro – handful (chopped)
- salt to taste
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dark Cumin Powder (Kala Jeera) – 1/2 tsp
1. Measure 1 cup of yogurt.
2. Add 1/4 cup of water, or more to achieve desired consistency. Mix well.
3. Finely chop the onions.
4. Add onions to the yogurt.
5. Chop the cilantro leaves.
6. Add the cilantro leaves.
7. Add the salt, red chili powder, and dark cumin powder.
8. Mix and serve.