Potatoes are so versatile. There are countless ways of making them, you can choose to add vegetables, or add some gravy, or really spice things up, or just keep it simple flavored with a few spices. No matter what you decide, an Indian potato dish will always taste great.
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Potatoes – 4 medium (peeled and cubed)
- Cumin Seeds – 1.5 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Mango Powder – 2 tsp (here is your secret ingredient)
1. Peel and cube the potatoes into small cubes.
3. Add cubed potatoes. Combine. Allow this to cook for 5 minutes, the potatoes will brown slightly.
4. After 5 minutes, add the red chili powder and salt. Combine. Allow this to cook for a few minutes.
5. Lower heat to dial #2 (if using Cast Iron), dial #3 (if using nonstick or stainless steel). Cover with a lid and let this cook for 15 minutes. This will steam the potatoes and soften them.
6. After 15 minutes… add the coriander powder and some more salt as needed. Toss gently and cook for another 15 minutes, without a lid on low heat. This will crisp up the potatoes lightly.
7. This is what you should have.
8. Add the garam masala.
9. Add the mango powder (Amchoor)… this makes the dish slightly tangy. Toss gently. Salt as needed. Turn off the gas. Serve hot.