- I used 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour and 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Pastry Flour. This adds some fiber to the cake without altering the taste of the cake.
- I used 2% milk. I am not sure if the recipe calls for Regular Milk, I believe 2% milk will give you the desired results.
- Instead of 1 cup of sugar, I used 3/4 cup of sugar. I thought 1 cup of sugar for 1 cup of flour may be too sweet for my liking. So use, 3/4 cup of sugar.
- I used 1.5 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract.
- I did not use Honey or any Lemon/Orange zest, although the zest would add tons of flavor, without the fat! Really good idea.
- I used a Loaf Pan, instead of an 8×8 pan. My information is based on 8 generous slices. An 8×8 pan will yield 16 small slices. To obtain the nutritional value for an 8×8 pan, cut the Nutrition in half. (see below)
APPROXIMATE NUTRITION PER SERVING (yields 8 generous slices)
Calories: 171 cals
Fat: 4.4 g
Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
Carbs: 31 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Fiber: 1 g
- All Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp (room temperature)
- 2% Milk – 1/2 cup (Hot Milk)
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1.5 tsp