My mother-in-law was the inspiration behind this dish. She actually made this dish for her son (my fiance at the time). This dish was so delicious I ended up eating most of it. I figured out the ingredients and attempted this delicious dish.
NUTRITION: Potatoes are a very good source of Vitamin C. In addition, potatoes are rich in fiber.
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 big cloves (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Onions - 2 medium (chopped)
- Jeera Seeds - 1 tsp
- Kalonji Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tomato Sauce - 8 oz. Hunts can or any other brand
- Potatoes - 2 big and 1 small
- Dhaniya Powder - 2 - 3 tsp
- Chili Powder - 1/2 - 1 tsp
- Water - 1.5 - 2 cups
- Fresh Coriander Leaves - handful (chopped)
- Salt to taste
1. Chop the garlic, ginger, and onions.
2. Peel the potatoes, cube, and set aside.
3. Set aside the dry spices: jeera seeds, kalonji seeds.
4. Heat up a pot on medium heat, add oil, add the dry spices, and turmeric powder. Cook for 1 minute until the jeera seeds start getting dark.
5. Add the onions, ginger, garlic, and salt. Saute until onions are golden.
6. Here the onions are golden.
7. Add the tomato sauce, chili powder, dhaniya powder, and season the sauce with salt. Cover with a lid on low-medium heat.
8. This is what you should have after 10 minutes.