Laguna Beach has been on my travel list for over 10 years now, ever since the show – Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County - first aired on MTV back in 2004. The anticipation to visit Orange County only grew due to my obsession with the show and all the drama that came with it, not to mention the beautiful beaches and people of SoCal. Being from the New York area, I did indeed find most people in Southern California to be happy and friendly, might be the consistently great weather. Well, I finally visited Laguna Beach in 2016, needless to say I was beyond thrilled.
2015 was a great year in terms of food. Considering I had about 5 pounds to gain, I totally ate my heart out while dining out. My obsession in 2015 was truffle oil. I ordered several items with truffle oil and I loved each and every single one of them, and thus you’ll see a few favorites on my list containing truffle oil. Aside from Manhattan, this year I explored the culinary scene in Aruba, Austria, Germany and Czech Republic! I can't say that I particularly enjoyed Austrian, German and Czech food, but fortunately there were other cuisines to choose from in those countries which made my list. So without further ado, here are my top 15 in 2015!
Have I really been MIA that long? My bad, I hope no one noticed! Yeah, sometimes life happens and it becomes difficult to write with a preoccupied mind. I’m trying though! As I sit back and reflect on 2015, I'd say it was a pretty rough year for my family with my dad’s passing, but there were also some great moments that I would like to share with you.
With Christmas just a few days away, here are some of my favorite items of 2015, in particular:
- The Longchamp Le Pliage bag! This bag holds so much stuff, and it is still so lightweight. A great carry-on bag.
- I also love the Naked Palette by Urban Decay. It is such a versatile palette, and I especially love the shade Darkhorse (an olive green).
- Every year around the holidays I buy a new perfume, but this year I'm sticking with Chloe, it's a soft, fresh scent with prominent floral notes.
- Speaking of fragrances, the Amazing Grace Shower Gel by Philosophy smells sensational, I promise you'll never go back to regular soap.
- And lastly, this year I finally bought myself a red lipstick. I know! Highly recommend Mac's Ruby Woo, it complements every complexion.